X4C (the “Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”), as the Controller of the personal data, has committed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and all applicable laws and regulations regarding data protection. X4C wants to make sure that you understand what personal information is collected about you, how your personal information is used and how it is kept safe.
The User acknowledges having read the information below.
The Notice is valid for all pages hosted on the Website. This Notice also applies to any other website that X4C may operate, including our page on LinkedIn.
It is however not valid for the pages hosted by third parties to which X4C may refer and whose privacy policies may differ. X4C cannot therefore be held responsible for any data processed on these websites or by them.
Please note articles on this site may also include embedded content (e.g.videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Personal Data collected
Depending on the purpose for which we process your personal data, we need to process one or other personal data, which will in general be, depending on each case, as follows :
- Customer Support : Contact information that you provide such as your first name, last name, email address, your company, details about your request, phone number or other details.
- Personal Data of Newsletter Subscribers : If you chose to subscribe our Newsletter, we will collect your email address.
- Website Visitor Data and Cookies (Technical Data) : Cookies on Our website may store in certain circumstances personal data which may include your IP addresses, browser type, location, operating system. For more information on purposes of the processing and data collected, please consult our Cookies Notice.
- Aggregate Data : We may process aggregate statistical data (e.g. X4C page on LinkedIn).
*For the use of social media, we will be joint-controller with LinkedIn only for the following activities : accessing and processing statistical aggregate data provided by LinkedIn in relation to the X4C Page. For any other processing on the platform, social media platform shall be considered as the sole data controller. LinkedIn have created an “addendum” to their user agreements for company pages for the processing for which they are joint-controllers with us.
Use of Personal Data
- Customer Support : We will use your data to respond as a user to your queries in the contact form of this Website, or made on the X4C contact email address.
- Personal Data of Newsletter Subscribers : We will process your personal data to manage your subscription to the Newsletter.
- Technical Data : See our Cookies Notice.
- Aggregate Data : Some information related to follower’s visits are collected in an aggregate way by LinkedIn. We can access to statistics provided by LinkedIn in order to have information on the way our page is consulted.
Legal Basis to process your Personal Data
We process personal data in accordance with data privacy laws applicable to us in the context of processing your personal data.
- Customer Support : We process the personal data of our Website users as described in this Notice based on our legitimate interests to communicate with you in response to any inquiry or request you make of us.
- Personal Data of Newsletter Subscribers : The legal basis for processing the use of your personal data for our Newsletter is your consent. Please, remember that you may unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time without any cost.
- Website Visitor Data and Cookies (technical data) : See our Cookies Notice.
- Aggregate data : We consider that we have legitimate interest to understand the way our page is consulted (e.g. how many times our page is consulted, from which country,…).
Your personal data will be kept as long as necessary to complete the purposes above, and in accordance with X4C’s internal retention policies. Especially, if you are a Website visitor and send us information through an email or other means, we will keep your personal data as long as necessary to address or respond to your inquiry. For data collected through cookies (technical data), please see our Cookie Notice. For aggregate data, statistical information are stored by LinkedIn and consequently subject to their retention policy. We may export statistical reports, but we guarantee that this is only in an anonymous form.
Please note that X4C have to comply with GDPR rules if it wants to send personal data outside the European Union/European Economic Area. If this is the case, X4C will either ensure that the country where the data recipient is located has been recognized as adequate by the European Commission, or will put in place additional safeguards or derogation to ensure it can transfer lawfully your data. You can contact the DPO of X4C (see contact details below) if you want to have more details about the mechanism supporting data transfer outside EU/EEA.
Subject to some exceptions and limitations, you have the following rights under GDPR:
- Right to access : You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Information and to verify how we are processing it.
- Right to correction : If you believe we have inaccurate or incomplete information about you, you have the right to ask us to correct or update it.
- Right to be forgotten : In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to remove or erase your Personal Information from our records.
- Right to object : You have the right to object to processing of your Personal Information. You also have the right not to be subjected to automated decision making or profiling.
- Right to restriction of processing : You have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information in cases where the data is inaccurate, or the processing of the data is unlawful.
- Right to withdraw consent : If we process your Personal Information based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any point of time.
- Right to portability : You have the right to ask us to transfer your Personal Information to you, or any other third party
You may exercise any of these rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer (see contact details below). Please note however that those rights are not absolute, and will be subject to a case-by-case analysis. Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where the alleged violation occurred, as applicable.
The list of Data Protection Authorities for all EU Member States can be found here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en
X4C contact details:
Rue Auguste Piccard, 48
6041 Gosselies – Belgium
+32 2 650 24 74 / +32 498 69 71 96